You might consider a light yellow-green filter, X0. The green in the filter
is very effective in bringing out the many different tones of green in a
landscape. The yellow has a very naturalistic effect in bringing down the
blue of the sky to heighten the clouds. It also reduces haze. The effect is,
in my opinion, better than a yellow filter on its own.

As far as film is concerned, round up all the usual suspects: Plus-X, FP-4,
maybe even Scala if you want to shoot slides.

--
Cheers,
 Bob