----- Original Message ----- From: "Godfrey DiGiorgi"
Subject: Re: B/W Film Advice Needed

On Jul 10, 2005, at 9:06 PM, William Robb wrote:

When I tested T-Max, I discovered that it has an almost straight slope when processed in T-Max developer. I never did try it in X-Tol.

TMax developer never returned me any decent results at all. XTOL and HC-110 worked well, XTOL the best.

All of my B&W development work was manual processing without a machine.

I didn't do well with T-Max until I got the rotary processor, then it started to work for me. I gave up on the stuff before XTol came out, and just used HC:110 for everything in my commercial lab. I found it to be the best "universal" developer that was available to me here, and it had ample capacity to run film in the small chemical volume that is required in the Jobo 1500 series tank. TMY in Microdol was an OK portrait combination on 6x7, but pretty sucky otherwise.

William Robb