To: <pentax-discuss@pdml.net>
Sent: Saturday, July 09, 2005 10:46 PM
Subject: PESO: Blue Dragon

I was walking in a wooded area this afternoon hoping to shoot some birds when I came upon a creek covered with bright green algae. A number of dragon flies were flitting back and forth among some reeds in the creek. They were way too distant for a macro lens, and I had brought only my *istD, A400/5.6 and an A2X converter along on the walk. I also had the Sigma 500 Super mounted with the magnifier lens. I stuck the converter on the back of the lens and took some shots at 5.6, 1/1000, ISO 800 with high speed synch activated. I came away with some nice pics of red, green, and blue dragon flies. Here's the blue guy on a reed. The algae makes a great background. This is almost full frame with just a bit cropped off the ends of the frame.
http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=3526907&size=lg
Paul