Bob W wrote:

I spent a couple of weeks in Spain last year, after the Madrid bombings. I
noticed that in the mainline stations such as Seville and Madrid Atocha they
now x-ray people's bags before they are allowed onto the platform. I imagine
we will see that in the UK very soon, at least for trains into and out of
London.
They didn't x-ray people going on to the suburban platforms, though, and I
expect it would be too difficult to do it on the tube, so whether it is
effective or just a psychological crutch, I don't know.

--
Cheers,
Bob

To xray people going on public transportation, busses and trains, presents a terrible logistics problem. Busses worse than trains. To do it with high density, fast moving tube passengers is well nigh impossible, unless the entire system is essentially brought to a halt!

I agree, something like that will probably be have to be inaugerated, but what...

keith