Now that's the opposite of what the sensor brush people claim on their website. Their procedure includes blowing clean canned air through the bristles of the brush prior to applying it to the sensor. They claim that this imparts a static charge to the bristles and helps pick up the dust. Frankly I would be surprised if a brush didn't pick up particles the size that we are talking about. I blow out the brush with canned air prior to using it anyway, as it seems like a fairly good way to ensure that the brush is reasonably clean at the moment of use.

I asked Godfrey that particular question because he has the real sensor brush brush which is more longhaired than the cosmetics brush I'm using, which is fairly stubby, not the sort of thing that would show a static charge very well. the next time I get to a decent art supply. I'll probably grab a couple of brushes to play around with.

What sort of anti-static brush do you have that's that small?