Jon M <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Say you wanted to bring an SLR and 1-3 lenses with you
>on a mountain biking trip... how would you do it, and
>what sort of body/lenses would you bring?
>
>Just how tough IS pentax equipment?

>From a couple of months ago:
>>
>>Friend of my friend has accidentally left his *istD on the roof of his
>>car and didn't noticed it till he drove 0.5 km. By that time 1.5 tons
>>weighting car overran it... See how it looks here:
>>http://www.fotocommunity.de/pc/pc/mypics/26424/display/2774542
>>Lens is completely destroyed, but *istD survived and is still working
>>having only a few scratches on its bottom :-)

I'd bring an ist-D and the FA 28/2.8 AL for one lens. Next choice would
be the Vivitar 70-210 Series 1 or the Pentax FA 50/1.4 or A 20/2.8,
depending what kind of shooting I was planning on. I have a Tamrac
"Velocity 7" bag that I'd use for this kind of travel.

--
Mark Roberts
Photography and writing