[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I turn it off to save on batteries and speed up the process. When I want to see an image,
I just press the review button. Yesterday I shot 35 frames without looking. It was an
idiot simple shot, and I knew I was getting what I wanted. And now that I'm used to the
camera, there's not much guesswork in exposures, so I didn't really need to see the
histogram. After 35, I took a peak, then thumbed through a few shots. More for the sake
of "chimping" than checking :-).
Paul

The only time I turned automatic image review *on* when using the *istD, I was photographing an eclipse. I only check review images (manually) during my shooting session if I'm worried about exposure or if I'm sure that a shot was messed up and am considering deleting it in the field (something else I generally don't do, though). After all, coming from years of shooting film and waiting maybe hours and maybe days to see what I shot, I'm comfortable with waiting until I get home and reviewing everything at a decent size on my monitor.

ERNR