What type of shooting do you do. Has alot to do with the proper head.

Kenneth Waller

-----Original Message-----
From: Jon M <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Subject: Help me find my head (tripod head, that is)

Got this old Gitzo "Gilux Reporter" at an estate
auction not long ago, and I'd like to get an
appropriate head for it. Everyone I've talked to so
far seems to insist I should get a ball head. But what
kind? I'm on a bit of a budget, so the cheaper the
better - but I don't want a piece of crap. Top plate
is about 2.75" in diameter. Will use heftier 35mm
stuff, possibly MF too.

Also, is there any source for replacement rubber grips
that go on the threaded collars for the legs and
center column?

http://jon.beigetower.org/photography/tripod/gitzotripod1.jpg
http://jon.beigetower.org/photography/tripod/gitzotripod2.jpg