Well, Paul, since the cat's out of the bag, so to speak, you're right,
wrong, and in the middle.  First, the owner of the DSLR just told me that
she had the WB of the istDs set to flash.  When we made the pics I
certainly didn't change it.  Never occurred to me to do so, never even
occurred to look.  I just don't think in terms of such things.  As for the
film, again, I did nothing to it.  Just pointed the camera at the scene and
pushed the button.  Made no adjustments when scanning, either, nor in
Photoshop other than to use a slight curves adjustment to get the tonality
to match the digi image a little closer.  Fuji film is supposed to have a
4th layer that allows a more neutral result under certain lighting
conditions.  Light in the area was mixed - a little sun light filtered in,
there was some fluorescent, and, of course, tungsten. My attitude was
simply, "so what."

This wasn't a test of white balance, or what's ultimately possible with
digi or film manipulation.  Just a quick look at whether or not the FoV and
the perspective are similar between the two lenses, so, really, there was
no need, imo, to consider any other factors.

No one intended to have any fun at anyone's expense.  But when it became
clear that a number of people couldn't figure out which was film and which
was digi, I decided not to say anything.  What the hell, I'm entitled to a
little chuckle every now and then ;-))  I also find it a bit amusing - and
please don't take offense here - that you once again rise to the defense of
digital with your comment about how easy it is to set the white balance in
a DSLR, and that film would tend to be off color.  I guess being
inexperienced and ignorant, I just look at results for what they are
because my mind isn't set yet to think in such terms.

Shel

know what they're doing with that DSLR or they're having a bit of fun at
our expense. It's quite obvious that one can achieve accurate white balance
with a DSLR with very little difficulty and that film would tend to be off
color in tungsten light.