On Tue, Jun 26, 2001 at 12:31:50AM -0700, Alan Chan wrote:
> >I've heard people complain that they can't see all of the viewfinder in the
> >MX, and I know I have to press the camera hard into my face so that I can
> >see all of it.  But why can't Pentax keep the same viewfinder magnification
> >on the MX and just make the rear window bigger?  Am I just being too naive
> >here?
>
> I has been wondering the same too. Nikon made something called action finder
> for their F bodies so my only conclusion is cost cutting.

Hmmmm.  "Action finder" reminds me of that door you open on the top
cover of a Yashicamat to give you a direct viewfinder.  At least it's
distortion-free and, with relevance to this topic, has 1.0x
magnification.  Pity you get parallax error...

Incidentally, the Leica 0-Series has such a viewfinder too.

Frank.

--
Francis Tang, Postgraduate Research Student, LFCS, Edinburgh.
Visiting: AG14, FB Mathematik, TU Darmstadt, Deutschland.