Shel Belinkoff wrote:

Just doing a quick memory check here: screw mount lenses, such as Takumars and Super Taks, plus third party lenses, will work just fine on the Pentax DSLR bodies when stopped down to taking aperture. Correct? Same thing for
the SMC Taks?

Yes, they work fine when manually stopped down to taking aperture. Metering is the same as with M/K-bayonet lenses: press the AE-Lock (or Green button on the D) and the body will set a shutter speed to match your aperture setting (presuming the aperture is stopped down). All auto exposure modes default to Aperture priority and, since you're stopping the lens down manually, it's actually a little more useful than with the M/K-bayonet lenses.

I find the M/K-bayonet operation with Manual mode and the AE-Lock button to be useful but a little clumsy. For lenses that I don't use often (like the M85 or Zenitar 16) it works well enough, but I prefer to stick with A series and later lenses so I can use all the metering facilities of the DS body.

Godfrey