----- Original Message ----- From: "David Savage" Subject: Re: Backing Up and Storing Files

True.  But if a neg is damaged or lost then it's gone for good. ;-)

I quite often think, when I hear news reports of house fires where the
occupants get out unhurt but everything is lost, that if I were in
that situation I'd be most upset about the lost family photos.

Admittedly the same would happen with digital, but if you were to take
your archiving seriously, you'd either use some sort of automatic
online archive service or keep copies off your premises.

Few people take archiving seriously, either film or digital.
I like film's odds better.

William Robb