Hi Jens
Is that only with Fuji or with other brands too?
Which fast color film (1600 or more if that exists in color) did you like
best when you used film (in the good old days) ;-)

There was this wonderful fire in the night with lots of children and Chinese
lantern walking around yesterday august 1 on the Swiss national birthday
party I went to. That was a sad moment for me :-( b e c a u s e:
I only had ISO 200 film loaded in two bodies taking photos of the fireworks
over Zurich.  (The digi users may smile here)
I don't know if  ISO 1600 film would have given me enough speed for handheld
shots with the Tamron 90mm 2.5 and the Pentax A 50mm 1.7 I used most of the
time beside a 28mm wide lens.
I still tried taking some shots at 1-2 seconds on tripod and with the
monopod , maybe I created a new "blurry night ad light style", I will see it
in a few days ;-) direct flash would have destroyed the mood.

greetings
Markus