On 8/4/05, Joseph Tainter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Re: http://www.daytonphoto.com/PAW/monumentvalley_0483.htm
>
> The landscape is amazingly green after our record wet winter.
>
> I have to say, Bruce, that the haze ruins this one for me.

I don't seem to see the original post, so I'm glad you put the url in
your reply, Joe.

I rather like this one.  For me, the haze provides nice separation
between the pyramid and the mountains.

The pyramid itself is almost eerie, because it looks artificial, as if
made by a force other than nature.  The mist, along with it's
isolation from both the foreground and background increase this eerie
feeling for me.  I think you're perspective and framing emphasize that
isolation.

I think it's an intriguing shot.

cheers,
frank