On Saturday, August 13, 2005, at 06:37  PM, Cotty wrote:

This reminds me about something i read when I was a kid - Moose Juice?
I'm sure it was Dr Seuss.....

Mason Williams, who wrote that perverse piece I quoted is best known for his hit song Classical Gas. He was also the genius behind much of the old Smothers Brothers show. And to be a bit on topic, he's a fine (if weird) photographer. One series of his photos are of old typewriters that were tossed out of a '57 Buick at 65 miles per hour on various highways around the USA. Another series is of weird signs he spotted in his travels.

In addition to Moose Goosers, he also wrote poems about Toad Suckers, Beaver Cleavers, Tummy Gummers, Nose Pickers and others. If you like this sort of offbeat humor, you can find them all on the Them Poems page:

http://www.julesarts.com/literature/them/main.html

Bob