shoot an image with tree branches in the upper corners and clear, sunny blue sky behind them. check to see that the branches are without color fringes. in PSCS RAW, it's easy to correct, so i am going to try shooting some more with it and see. in B&W mode, CA shows up as lack of sharpness more than anything else.

Herb....
----- Original Message ----- From: "John Munro" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <pentax-discuss@pdml.net>
Sent: Friday, August 19, 2005 8:55 PM
Subject: Re: FA*24/2.0

I'm not sure I'd recognize chromatic aberration, but one aspect of it I've been told is that it blurs the image at the plane of focus due to a lens with chromatic aberration characteristics changes the focal length of each color's wavelength. If a lens can produce sharp images at the amount of the aforementioned enlargement I'm inclined to say that is an acceptable amount of chromatic aberration; nevertheless, I look forward to hearing what you have to say so I can detect the chromatic aberration characteristics of my lens(es) - thanks in advance for helping me with this!