I'm not familiar with the S, but I use Remote Assistant on a regular basis with my D. It's great for studio work. I can sit at the computer and trip the shutter. The review image then appears on my screen, and the RAW file is saved to the computer. If I need to see exactly what I got, I just open the RAW in the PSCS RAW converter. Love it.
Paul