Quoting Ryan Lee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Lenses before camera, sir! You've got one and I believe Miss Beard's got one
> too. And I'll have one in the next couple weeks fingers crossed.
>
> Anyway, still hoping anyone out there might have some experience to share
> regarding Aussie customs and mail order. Thanks..
>
> Cheers,
> Ryan

I haven't ordered overseas from Ebay, but with Adorama, it comes through UPS.
They have a customs broker who calls you up when the package arrives in Oz. You
provide them with a credit card to take care of the brokerage fees, which
includes the GST, and some UPS fee). Then they ship the box to you.

If it is a private sale (i.e. the ebay person doesn't sell 2nd hand goods
professionally), then it shouldn't attract GST. If it is a commerical ebayer,
then I guess it should.

Derby