On Mon, Aug 22, 2005 at 06:00:10AM -0400, Paul Stenquist wrote:
> True. It is a plus for Pentax in some ways. I'm just mildly
> disappointed that this wasn't the upgrade announcement many of  us have
> been waiting for. Still, I'm doing fine with the D and can continue in
> that fashion indefinitely. I am excited about the 12-24. Pricey, as I
> expected, but it's a lens I really need. No further enablement
> necessary :-).
> Paul

I regard the DS2 as a bonus announcement - the D2/Dn/whatever supposedly
comes later in th pipeline than the 645D.  But as for the rest of it,
I'm with you.  The D continues to work well enough, and the 12-24 is
definitely tempting (although I think I'll let a couple of early adopters
such as yourself try it out first, before suggesting it as a Christmas
present).