I know....I know....I am a ham and have a radio that is mostly software. The company that did it has provided updates in the past (added a new frequency set ) as the last update. My luck always seems to be to buy just before something major happens. I bought my PZ-20 just after it was discontunued. I still think I gos the best of it because it is a better camera than most of the ones following. At least until the ZX-5/5N. Most of the time, I am fairly relaxed because I wanted the features that what I purchased had. As you said, anything else is a bonus.

Thanks also, for the tip on how to check the firmware. I would have guessed that it was current but I am going to check now.
John G.