This one time, at band camp, "Daniel J. Matyola" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I suggest that you read "flyboys" by James Bradley, especially those
> parts that deal with the manner in which the military of Japan dominated
> the government and distorted the samurai code of bushido into a a
> military cult that convinced itself it could never be defeated, even by
> a vastly superior force.  A Munich-style concession to the Japanese
> might have averted war in the short term, but Japan's military goals
> made war with the US and Britain inevitable.

I found The Fly Boys is a very American centric view of events.
I really does succeed in fleshing out its characters though. The old adage
'history is written by the victor' really does reign supreme. To this
end, this will be my last post on the matter as I see no further way
forward for educational purposes, however, I do thank you for your
contribution.

Kind regards
Kevin