>This is a GREAT shot, imho.  I don't care that it's not technically
>perfect, there's a raw intensity and emotion here that just screams at me.

<blushing> This made me proud, so childish as I am, I had to highlight it.
Thank you Frank! </blushing>

Also thank you for your, from my point of view, liberal (read american)
thoughts on the ethics.
As I read you, you say: They invited you, therefore it's Ok.
Can't say I follow you in this kind of logic. What if bloke invited me to
run over him with my car? Would the fact that he invited me, make it the
right thing to do? According to my ethics, no.

Anyway, I tried to convert the picture to b&w as you sugested. Aren't good
at it.
The URL is the same:
http://foto.no/cgi-bin/bildegalleri/vis_bilde.cgi?id=189705
a thumb to the b&w version is below the picture.

CAAA (Comments As Always Appreciated)
What do I do to do it better (referring to converting)?

Tim
Mostly harmless (just plain Norwegian)

Never underestimate the power of stupidity in large crowds
(Very freely after Arthur C. Clarke, or some other clever guy)