----- Original Message ----- From: "Herb Chong"
Subject: Re: A couple of PESOs

i have never shot with my 400/2.8 at any aperture other than f2.8. there isn't any point with a lens of this type. if you could use a smaller aperture, you wouldn't need that lens. also, if Pentax did what other manufacturers have done, it is designed to perform best wide open.

I didn't give that much thought. I could have gained a half stop of shutter speed, which might have tightened things up a bit more. I made a print of the shot of the geeses around the radar tower today at work. It looks a tad over sharpened, but some of that may be from the heat haze from the tarmac. The white cheeks on the geese are visible in the 4x6, which was nice.

I must work on Ken's idea for a front rest. It can't be too hard, I am sure I can carve on out of pine.

William Robb