On Wednesday, August 24, 2005, at 12:38  PM, Godfrey DiGiorgi wrote:

... I have thought since day 1 of DSLR's, that the APS form factor was largely a short term tactic to get consumers to buy new lenses to go with those fancy new DSLR's. Sell APS DSLR's in the short term and 'digital' glass to go with them. When FF sensors get low enough in price, get all those new customers to upgrade to FF and sell more FF lenses. ...

That seems too closely related to a conspiracy theory. ;-)

No, actually it is true. I was told as much by camera company insiders at the time.

Bob