David,
Thanks for the retro trip.
My memories (too far back to totally relate here)
begin with  sitting by my father in his basement
"darkroom" , nostrils full of the smell of chemistry,
and being amazed each time an image developed in the
tray.
First camera, Baby Brownie in about 1942. Took it to
school to show off and (Mom was right) it got stolen.
Crushing day.
Still have the first picture taken.

Jack