----- Original Message -----
From: "R.C.Booth" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> The average digital consumer probably isn't going to print all his shots
> anyway, just a few of the ones he needs or considers "keepers"  So, there
is
> the potential for less consumer paper use with digital even though there
is
> the potential for taking more shots (cheaply) with digital.

Hmmmmmm, I disagree somewhat.  My ex-wife and my sister are two "average"
examples of new digicam users.  The ex-wife has a Canon A70  and the sister
has an Optio 555 (on topic!).  Both shoot the normal snapshots of events and
locations they did with film.  Both take their full memory cards to the
local photo finisher and get prints (sometimes doubles) of every shot on the
card without even reviewing them on a PC.  Both are very happy with this
arrangement.  They like the results on paper and they don't seem to notice
if there is a cost difference.  Both are getting far more-prints-per-visit
to the photo lab but are going less often due to the fact that their cards
take longer to fill up than when they shot 24 frames of film.

Christian