I'm with you on the "all primes" idea ... except for the FA20-35, which I find much more useful than carrying 20, 24, 28 and 35mm lenses individually, and not a great deal the less in terms of image quality. It's smaller and lighter than the FA31/1.8 too.

My next "trip kit" is going to be DA14/2.8, FA20-35/4, FA35/2, F50/1.7, and FA135/2.8. Maybe add the F35-70 or FA28-105 for convenience. I fully expect that a majority of my photos will be made with the 20-35.

Godfrey