Hi!

I still think that *istD is slightly better than *istDS (I know, Godfrey, you probably disagree ;-) )...

Better is a very general word. The *ist D is a higher-spec body than the DS. I happen to like the DS more, because those additional things the D supports are not important to me and I prefer the DS body's ergonomics/speed/media format. They make identical quality photographs, so it's pretty much a features/preferences game.

Godfrey, this time I agree with you absolutely :-).

And I do prefer those additional things that D supports while ergonomically it is also just perfect for my hand :-).

Boris