--- Shel Belinkoff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I've been using Patsy's 5n and generally the AF is fine.  In some
> situations it's a PITA though.  However, after installing some fresh
> batteries, the AF seemed to perk up a bit.  If you really want to
> experience fast AF, just hook up the camera to your car battery.  Wow and
> Yeeha!  Unfortunately, doing that requires a delicate touch, which I
> learned after the lens blew the front elements across the room.

Got a snap of that happening? <lol>

> On a more serious note, the 5n finder has enough correction to allow me to
> focus without wearing my glasses.  It would be great if the DS allowed that
> as well.

To share my experience w/ the DS finder correction: I wear glasses that have a
-0.50 diopter correction.  When I wear my glasses, I set the DS finder
correction in the middle.  If I'm not wearing my glasses, the correction is set
all the way to the negative/minus side for maximum sharpness.

Pat in SF