At 04:20 3/07/01, you wrote:

Hi Bill

>"Driving to the Line", by Jon Hope
>Great action shot.  You commented that you wanted a faster shutter speed,
>but I think the one you employed really conveys a sense of motion and
>captures the energy of these beasts.

I was tossing up whether to send this one in next month for the alternate
light gallery, but decided two months of horse racing suits me just fine. :-)

Thanks for the comment. I wanted a faster shutter speed to give the horses'
heads a bit less movement blur. The legs are going to be like that, no
matter what I do when I'm shooting at night. The subject matter, though, is
really Wayne Reid, and I thought it showed the emotion, determination, and
technique of driving one of these horses.

Thanks for the kind words, they are appreciated.

Cheers

Jon

Relax! Take life as it comes, you can't chase the sun, you can't race the wind