Hi group,

recently one of the most important german sites about digital photography published an article (third one in a series) about using MF lenses on Pentax DSLR bodies:

http://www.digitalkamera.de/Tip/28/91.htm

I thought I'd let you know even if not so many might be familiar with german language, maybe babelfish will help those deeper interessed.

In short terms:
The K mount is praised for it's consistency over time. The details about the various evolutions are well explained, as well as the functions the different mount type lenses offer. The (nearly unique) 1.7 AF TC is mentioned as an esy way to put AF to any lens. Trap focus with MF glass is described, as well as the possibility of mounting any M42 lens. The ease of use of the Pentax bodies with any MF glass concerning metering and <rim shot>: flash use is very positively described, it seems as if not all DSLRs offer TTL flash with MF glass. Lans not least, the _very_ good and bright pentaprisms (and the one p-mirror) are praised, which is repeatd in the "conclusions" box, as well as the user interchangeable focusing screens.

All in all, I was quite happy to read such a favourable and well researched review about a less regarded aspect of DSLR cameras, that hopefully tells many people and potential DSLR buyers how good Pentax bodies are, in terms that are not about MPix rave, weight, size etc.

Pancho