Jim,

I think that the ability of handling old glass on a new DSLR would't be a crucial feature to me. Unless I had a bunch of lenses already, like I have.

Then it's nice that a manufaturer shows some commitment. Although Pentax underestimated the importance of backward compatibility I think they quickly learned their lesson, at least as far as possible.

A _real_ reason for me to buy a Pentax digital body would be a _real_ KAF mount with aperture transmission, but that's an illusion, I fear. I'm not in a hurry to buy a digital body.

One message is that Pentax DSLRs have big and bright viewfinders - it was just today that I came across another review complaining about crappy finders of DSLRs in general. This point is mentioned twice.

The point was that the review mentions lesser known features as positive aspects of Pentax DSLRs, about which usually no great hype is made.

Pancho

Jim Apilado schrieb:

If I were looking to spend money on a dslr,  I'm not sure if knowing I could
use older K-mount or M-42 lenses on a *D, DS, or DL would make me want to
gravitate to Pentax.
One of the complaints expressed when the *ist D came out was the inability
to use older Kmount lenses on it like one could with say the PZ1-p.
I think some PDMLers are still reluctant to buy a digital Pentax SLR because
of this lack of "instant" compatibility with older K mount lenses.  The
"green button" firmware has eliminated  a lot of the grumbling, and many
have purchased the *ist D and newer models because of this.

Jim A.