The point is, what should it matter to anyone what anyone else does with
his or her camera?

I find it most interesting that you ~seem~ to be denigrating someone who
chooses to put a piece of black tape over a red dot while defending your
position of reskinning your camera in snakeskin.  It's also noteworthy that
some people have decided that anyone who tapes a Leica is pretentious and
that the practice is abhorrent. It's just a friggin' piece of tape that can
be easily removed without a trace.

Personally, I find your reskinned LX to be ugly, but I'd NEVER point a
finger at you and characterize you by your decision to reskin the camera,
just as I'd never judge Tom by what he did to his Leica M4. Take a look at
the "Purple Haze" Leica on this page, which, BTW, I find just as cool as
someone who wants an all black body.

http://www.cameraquest.com/TAnotcoll.htm

Shel