> The K1000 is a bit overpriced nowadays. Still, it is a solid camera,
> and it was made until 1997 I think, so you can get them in very good
> shape.

I bought mine about a month ago, for exactly the reason that it would leave
me no automatic functions to fall back on. I bought mine at a camera store,
for more than the going price on ebay, so that I could see what I was buying
before I paid for it.

Knowing what I've learned from reading the PDML for the last couple of
weeks, I'll probably pick up a K2 or something similar as a second body, but
I don't regret starting with the K1000 and I'm going to keep using it
regularly.

--Amita Guha
http://www.picturesofmyfinger.com