Hi,

there's nothing very complex or difficult about the depth-of-field
calculations. It's a very simple matter to type a few formulas into a
spreadsheet, even one on a PDA. I put some into a spreadsheet and put
it on my website some time ago:
www.web-options.com/bob/files/optical.xls.

You're welcome to download it if you want. I got the formulas from
"The professional guide to photo data" by Richard Platt. Everyone should
have this book.

Personally I find it easier to use the scale on the lens.

---

 Bob

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]