Jim Hemenway wrote:

At one time several years ago it wasn't all that risky. But now, and especially if the emails were from two different people, I'd play it safe too.

For some reason I can't get TinyUrls based on an ebay url to work.

What was the final price?

Jim

Derby Chang wrote:

I was outbid on a 15mm yesterday. Here's the auction:
http://tinyurl.com/83wno

Then I got two SEPARATE emails offering a second chance bid to buy, supposedly because the winning seller couldn't pay. Both emails stressed to reply to the email, rather than through ebay. That gets me suspicious. I think I'll play it safe and ignore them.

Oh well.

Sorry Jim. Final price, a round $800US.

And as a public service, the two emails I got asked to respond to were [EMAIL PROTECTED] and [EMAIL PROTECTED]

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://members.iinet.net.au/~derbyc