Dave,

I gave up calibrating the printer. I have the Color Spyder for calibrating the screen, but never got the prints right. The solution for me was to order the service from a pro digital photo vendor. They sent me a file to print without colour correction. I sent the print back for the paper types I use, and got a ready-to-use colour profile to use for printing. In PSP, I have to select the custom made profile, turn off the adjustments in the printer driver, and voilá. Works every time. It was a bit expensive, but it's worth it IMHO.

Jostein

To: <pentax-discuss@pdml.net>
Sent: Sunday, September 11, 2005 9:37 AM
Subject: Colour profiles-PS-and home prining

      Hi gang.

I know quite a few are up on colour profiles on this list so i thought i would ask here
first.

I'm still haveing problems getting my print to look like the monitor. I have only used
Adobe Gamma
to adjust my monitor and have not used the Spyder type of devices.

First off, should i be using that type of device if i'm going to do this at least semi
seriously.

Second, when i shoot my D1 it does not have a real rgb or srgb colour space persay. I
forget what
it is but PS seems to call it srgb.

My D2H is usually shot in Nikon RGB. When i print with my Canons(S800 or BJC8200) i have
many
options for colour space. I usually choose working space,but sometimes try the working
srgb etc.
Do i need to convert the file from say the Nikon RGB to srgb in PS, then select that
otiopn in the
drop down menu,or am i wasting my time until i trruly profile my monitor. In PS 6 if i load up a D2H file it asks what colour space to use. In PSEL3 it does not.

Or are there profiles for these Canons out there that should be loaded and used.

Any help is appreciated. Right now i need to up the curves past what looks good on my
monitor then
it prints out the way it should look in real life.

Dave(getting back to home printing more)Brooks