Just got back from a two-day jaunt to Tijuana and back. Not really a photographic trip, but I did carry the camera and 20-35/4, 35/2, 50/1.7 and 28-105/3.2-4.5 lenses. With the Pentax gear, this all fits in a nice, small, light bag. Such a difference from trying to carry my 10D in a similar manner!

All but 10 of the 80 exposures I made were made with the 20-35. (The other 10 were made with the 35/2 and 28-105; the 50 never got out of the bag.) This is a perfect focal length range for so much of my photography, and the optical performance combined with the physically small, non-intrusive size is a bang-on winner for me.

Switching to the FA35/2 AL, yes, the 35mm prime is a better performer and made a couple of exposures that would have been difficult with the f/4 lens. Only 1 stop faster on the Tokina compared to the FA20-35/4 isn't enough to warrant the additional size and weight, even if the Tokina is a good performer, IMO.

Godfrey