Shel Belinkoff wrote:

I noticed a couple of web sites mention that the istDS is supposed to come
with CR-2016 Lithium Batteries for the date function.  I didn't see such a
battery in the package I received, nor can I find any mention of it in the
copy of the manual that I have.  This is one of those little button
batteries.  So, what's the deal?  If you've a DS, did you get such a
battery?  Was it inside the camera?  Where in the camera is it and how can
it be changed or replaced?

In the case of the *istD, it came already installed in the camera and died a few weeks later (so I then had to find the information in the owner's manual as to how to replace it, which was quite easy.)