On Tue, 13 Sep 2005, Mark Roberts wrote:

Godfrey DiGiorgi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Sep 13, 2005, at 2:15 AM, danilo wrote:
I fear it is one *more* thing to be concerned about, as a button
battery needs a simple removal/replacement procedure when it reaches
its end of life, while a condensator needs *soldering*.
but maybe its life is long enough to make no difference at all...

Capacitors last virtually forever. They just don't store as much
energy as a battery does.

Aluminum electrolytics dry out and die with age.

This must be the type in the PS of my 8-yo telly. They were all replaced at the tune of 73 GBP this week...

Kostas :-(