On 12/9/05, Godfrey DiGiorgi, discombobulated, unleashed:

>Having the OS fully color
>managed, as Mac OS X is, also presents an advantage in that more
>applications will take advantage of embedded ICC profiles and render
>photos with better accuracy.

Godders,

There is one thing that Colorsync helps me with, and that is: anything I
can do to get away from all that technical stuff. I have no time nor
inclination to get intimate with the itty-bitty things that you
(mercifully) take in your stride. My worry is that all the greasy
mechanics of testing this and printing that will scare away Dave, bless
him. He just wants a simple solution that effectively looks after itself
and (as we say in the UK) 'does what it says on the tin'.

I'm a petrol-head and can fully understand the desire to rip an engine to
shreds and rebuild it with loving and caring hands - to the point of
chamfering interior oilways to help lubrication (and *that* really is sad
attention to detail) - but I also realise a lot of people just buy a car
and use it to move between two points. Horses for courses (!).

Brooksy - as with most things, it can be as easy or as difficult as one
can make it, and colour with computer printing is no exception. I have
found that with the Mac's Colorsync system, it can be *particularly*
easy, if needed. Repeat after me: 'the Mac was made for me'.....

:-)

Cheers,
  Cotty

___/\__