At 10:32 PM 9/13/2005, you wrote:

based on my eyeballs, my *istD has less noise than Kodachrome 25.

Herb....

Has anyone ever tried taking several shots of a stationary subject, with your camera on a tripod, and then averaging the frames together in software? I wonder if that could possibly make ISO 200 look even more noise-free than it currently is?

(Of course, I'm not suggesting that this is practical.)

Maybe ISO 200 on the Pentax is as good as it can get, in regards to noise?

I was mainly wondering why the Pentax didn't go to ISO 100 or lower. It would be good for some slow shutter effects.

take care,
Glen