JCO,

You've articulated your position clearly and at length. However, it isn't going to change anything, only Pentax can change what they decide to do. $5 worth of parts in the camera translates to a $50 bill at retail price. Pentax doesn't feel it's warranted by the user base buying these bodies, evidently. They've done a better job of legacy lens support than anyone else, barring Nikon's support of AI-S lenses in their top of the line cameras only, which I feel should be lauded rather than disparaged; I certainly applaud the level of support they have already offered since it is better than their competitors.

Do you think you can relax and just accept the fact that this is how it is? Write Pentax and explain your dissatisfaction. Others who feel similarly can do the same thing. In the end it's up to Pentax to decide how to work their business. They're the ones who know the costs of producing the cameras, not us, but I wager that that $5 part buys three or four more marketable features that are significant to the people who might be interested in the cameras.

I'm satisfied with my Pentax equipment, with whatever warts it might have, and have no great interest in buying many 30 year old lenses. So it doesn't make sense for me to take them to task over something that has no significant impact on my use of their products. I want to see them upgrade their lens line and bodies to new standards, not the old. That's a better strategic direction.

You obviously feel differently about it, but ranting to the PDML about it is not going to change anything.

Godfrey