Hi,

> all).  Maybe the idea is to cut down on the frivolous entries.

ah, but where does that leave the non-frivolous struggling artists,
students etc. who may have genius but no money? If the idea of paying
to enter a serious competition became a widespread practice then it would
close off an important avenue to recognition for aspiring professionals
and would mean that competitions were not primarily about talent, but
about the ability to pay. A great many of the best-known photographers in
the world got their break through competitions.

---

 Bob

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]