I totally disagree - you don't drop features that are virtually free to
include and of great
value to a large portion or ANY customers. This part is so damn simple and
cheap
and RELIABLE- (Pentax has been making them for over 30 years
so I seriously doubt they havent been able to "debug" it
yet if there were any design problems...). The decision
to drop features is when they are of little value to the customer
and expensive to include. This part is just the opposite,
its of great value to the customer and dirt cheap to include.
K/M lenses were ALL pentax sold for 10 years. That's a ton
of great lenses still out there....

I ask you a simple question - would you have not bought
the camera or not bought a next higher model if available
that had full K/M support if the total cost was proportionlly
higher than the extra cost for this part? We are talking
very small change for this part. That's my point. if
there was a signifigant cost savings maybe , but not
for $10 or $20 off on a $600 camera...

And lastly regarding the reliability of the part in question,
if you don't use K/M lenses then the reliablity of that
function doesn't matter. If you do, then working new and possibly failing
someday is far better than a valuable function permanenty removed
and never functioning at all...

JCO