JCO opined:

Like I said if anyone here thinks stop
down metering is better or as good as
open aperture metering than I would like
and explanation why NONE of the camera
companies use it anymore or even offer it as
an option in additon to open aperture metering?
Because its isnt as good that's why.

He really knows better than that. The reason companies no longer offer stop down metering is very simple. There is insufficient market for it. Relative quality doesn't matter.

Anyone here remember the Chrysler push-button automatic transmission? I thought it was exponentially better than the typical gear shift lever. The majority of the marketplace disagred with me and Chrysler. They went the way of stop down aperture metering cameras.

Larry in Dallas