I'm looking for something that may not exist.

Back "in my film days" when I shot a lot of concerts, I was quite fond of my 135mm f2.5 zoom. Not the sharpest lens on the planet, but the combination of reach and speed seemed to work well in combination with the 28 and 50mm lenses.

These days, I have found that when shooting with my DS, I still like my old manual-focus lenses because they are faster (f5.6 just doesn't cut it on a dark stage). However, the 135mm lens tends to get me TOO CLOSE to my subjects.

Seems like I want something in the 70-90mm range, that is no slower than about f/4. Doesn't have to be autofocus, or even an "A" lens as I tend to use them wide open in these situations anyways. Is there something reasonably-priced out there that would fill this void? I just don't have a clue.

And, as you can probably guess, since I am already using the Takumar 135mm f2.5, I'm not hugely critical about sharpness and contrast. I mean, I like a well-focused clear image, but again - concert photography isn't exactly high art.

Suggestions, anyone?

 -Charles

--
Charles Robinson