On 20/9/05, Charles Robinson, discombobulated, unleashed:

>Seems like I want something in the 70-90mm range, that is no slower
>than about f/4.  Doesn't have to be autofocus, or even an "A" lens as
>I tend to use them wide open in these situations anyways.  Is there
>something reasonably-priced out there that would fill this void?  I
>just don't have a clue.

The A*85mm f/1.4 is what you need.

Depends how you define 'reasonably priced'. I paid about 900 USD for
mine, and for what it is, that's very reasonable. Beaters at $400, mint
at $1400. There isn't a better lens for the money IMO.

Cheers,
  Cotty

___/\__