On 9/19/05, Bruce Dayton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> This particular cattail was intriguing because it looked so much like
> a hot dog to me.
>
> Pentax *istD, K 200/2.5, Handheld
> ISO 200, 1/1000 sec
>
> http://www.daytonphoto.com/PAW/bkd_2173.htm
>
> Comments welcome

To me, this is Quintessential Dayton <g>.

I mean, I know you do other things really really well, but these very
simple nature shots, where you "isolate" one part of a plant, like a
leaf, a stem, a flower, etc, are among my favourites of yours.  The
simple, spare composition is always so exquisite and revealing - if
Stevie Wonder let you use the title, you could call this collection
"The Secret Life of Plants" - I always think of that title when I see
one of your photos of this genre.

Thanks!

cheers,
frank