I believe that there are different sects amoungst the Amish that have different ideas of what they can and can not use. Some of them own automobiles, others have to use a horse drawn buggy. Also it is my understanding that even the very most conservitive require that their kids go out and live in the modern world a couple of years before they confirm to the old ways. They seem like very sensible people to me.

graywolf
http://www.graywolfphoto.com
"Idiot Proof" <==> "Expert Proof"

John Francis wrote:

Nope - that's just stereotyping.  The Amish aren't anti-technology;
they just evaluate any new technology before possibly using it.
Cell phones can be found in (some) Amish communities.